Friday, February 01, 2008

Geek Love

Well, some of you might've heard or read my giddy babbling about my new computer, which I got as a combined birthday / graduation present. And let me be clear--I'm not some geeky bore obsessed with my gadgets! I'm cool! Honest!

But, on the other hand my laptop is so awesome. It is my friend. It understands me in a way that none of you do. So there. And anyway, am I the only one who wants to punch that hipster "Mac" guy from the commercials? I have a Mac! I just got done mentioning how awesome it is! But geez, just be nice to the pudgy geeky PC guy! Can't you see how uncomfortable he is?

Oh, god. I'm a dork. I admit it. Captain Picard rules!

Anyway, my point here is that now I don't have any excuse not to write stuff, like, all the time. This is serious business--the desk I used to try to work at just isn't very comfortable, and like any writer I will take ANY excuse not to write. But right now I'm literally in a La-Z-Boy recliner, with a cup of coffee. So there's really nowhere else to go, in terms of comfortable working environment--I might as well blog constantly now. So check back.

No comments: